Our Client is looking for an Accounting Professional
Perform accounting activities in accordance with IFRS, Client and local (statutory) accounting principles and standards to control the organization’s financial resources and ensure that it complies with all relevant regulations, tax laws, and internal and external reporting requirements.
The main tasks
- Reconcile balance accounts and check the accuracy of journal entries to ensure that the general ledger and the balance sheet are accurate and complete;
- Analyze profit & loss accounts and check the accuracy of journal entries to ensure that the general ledger and the profit & loss statement are accurate and complete;
- Prepare financial reports and accounting statements, so that senior management (local reports) and Client (BPC reports) has accurate and timely information;
- If required, provides support and advises in forecasting and budgeting;
- Analyze, interpret and distribute the cost accounting information to management;
- Maintain VAT (and other tax) information and records. Timely and accurate preparation of VAT returns and VAT related reports;
- Liaises with the regulatory authorities and maintain good relations with them. Prepare correspondence with external tax agencies and consultants (for example, auditors).
You have well documented and proven knowledge of transactional finance as well as excellent knowledge of the General Accounting process and up to date knowledge on the AP and AR process. You have excellent knowledge of and experience with SAP and Excel. Your English and Dutch are fluent in writing and verbally. The skills you have are analytical and problem-solving skills, attention to detail, high level of accuracy, ability to deliver quality and professional services. You are available for 32 hours a week.
Experience and education
You have some years documented work experience in accounting in an international company, working with multiple entities (Finance shared service center) and preferably a bachelor’s and/or a master’s degree in accounting.