We are recruiting an experienced: Field Service Engineer, Packaging Machinery (M / F)
In this role, you provide technical assistance in the installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of packaging machinery for customers in the food & beverage industry. You will be required to travel mainly in the Benelux and Scandinavia to our customers and WestRock machinery build centers. Where needed you will also visit and support other multinational customers in Europe. The preferred location of this position is in the South of the Netherlands (North of Brabant, Limburg) or in the North of Belgium (East-Flanders, Antwerp or Limburg) nearby our customers.
This is an excellent opportunity to refresh and revitalize your own career!
How you will impact WestRock:
- Maintaining and servicing our existing machinery installed at Customer sites in a highly professional manner.
- Installing and commissioning new WestRock machinery at Customer sites.
- Carrying out machinery modifications, upgrades and conversions for continuous improvement at Customer sites.
- Proactively supplying technical advice and sharing technical expertise in resolving Customers’ technical issues.
- Proactively monitoring and recording machinery performance to pre-empt potential problems developing and communicating this effectively to the customer and WestRock organization.
- Proactively sharing with the commercial department any business leads and opportunities or threats encountered during site visits.
- Maintaining daily records of work completed at customers’ plants and ensuring Customers are made aware of the engineer’s presence on site as a point of difference.
- Proactively reporting back customers’ requirements and concerns on a regular basis to the European Field Service Engineering Manager.
- Provide on-site and remote customer services including installations, troubleshooting, training, and preventative maintenance visits.
- Provide accurate and timely service, audit, quality, and installation and expense reports.
- Interaction with diverse international team members and exposure to different machinery.
What you need to succeed:
- Minimum 5 years at a fully qualified level as a multi-skilled Mechanical and or Electrical engineer, preferably in an international Field Service organization
- Advanced mechanical skills with relevant qualifications (80% of role)
- Advanced electrical skills with relevant qualifications (20% of role)
- PLC programming knowledge would be advantageous (Siemens – preferably TIA, Rockwell)
- Servo system knowledge would be advantageous (Bosch Indramat)
- Training and presenting skills for smaller groups of technicians and or operators
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Powerpoint and Excell.
- Good written and spoken English.
- Customer and commercially oriented.
- Being comfortable to work independent and alone at customer site with having the right skills.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills to help customers with technical issues.
- Willing to travel up to 75% by car or plane.
- Availability for travelling within the Benelux and other parts of Europe
What we offer:
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential. Paid overtime which can be used for time saving.
- Bonus, laptop, mobile phone, a good pension, 25 holidays and lease car are part of the package.
- Career advancement opportunities within the largest global packaging leader where sustainability, safety and inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
- Internal and external training program at customer site to become a specialist and best in class.
- Becoming part of the European Field Service team.
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence.
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities.
- A regional connection with WestRock colleagues and local HR support.
If you’ re a service focused professional who possesses the appropriate level of technical skill, commitment, maturity and experience, this is your opportunity to drive our company – and your career forward. Please share with us your current CV in English today!