Vacancy: Freight Manager, EMECIS
ANALYTICAL AND BACKGROUND IN FREIGHT? WE VALUE THAT IN YOU!
Location: Amsterdam or Eindhoven, Netherlands
Our Client is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global leading supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. Application areas include rock drilling, rock cutting, crushing and screening, loading and hauling, tunneling, quarrying and breaking and demolition. In 2019, sales were approximately 45 billion SEK, with about 14,000 employees within continuing operations.
Our Client has an exciting opportunity for a Freight Manager. Reporting to the Logistics Operations Manager EMECIS, the Freight Manager is responsible for leading the Freight Operations team, managing the transportation of Parts, Tools and Consumables for our Client within EMECIS and the development of sustainable and cost-effective freight solutions in the region.
- Lead the Freight Operations team
- Design and execution of regional/local freight solutions/ strategy
- Design, implementation or enhancement of freight infrastructure and solutions
- Inbound and outbound freight process management
- Regional Vendor Management (Carriers & Customs Brokers)
- Accuracy of documentation for Trade Compliance
- Compliance with local/ regional Customs requirements
- Governance, administration and maintenance of relevant freight management steering documents, contracts and
- Transportation cost effectiveness
- You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, with at least 5 years’ hands-on freight management/logistics operational experience;
- You have excellent analytical skills, which are required for various analyses and improvement projects;
- Assertiveness and strong written and verbal communication skills in English are essential to be able to deal effectively and tactfully with both internal stakeholders and external vendors on issues and improvement initiatives;
- You have experience with ERP and TMS systems and databases and you are skilled in Microsoft tools such as MS Excel;
- You are innovative and constantly seeking for opportunities in a result-driven and high-pressure environment.
The job requires 10-15% travel (sales regions, service providers, training/conferences).
|Vacature categorie||Logistiek en Transport|