Logistics Engineer – European Distribution Center – Schiedam
As Logistics Engineer you are dedicated to provide and apply supply chain expertise and analysis on operations in regional logistics network to identify improvement opportunities, develop business cases and project manage implementation of new technologies and procedures.
- To ensure that requests for service are addressed appropriately and in a timely and professional manner.
- Identify and suggest possible improvement in new and existing processes, technologies and procedures within EDC.
- Responsibility to assist in solutions creating a supply chain environment to meet current and future demands within EDC by identifying continuous improvements and develop business cases.
- Responsible to work with other global DC’s to ensure development and compliancy to SMS policies and objectives.
- To maintain current documentation on site logistics processes and where necessary, to maintain updated documentation on global logistics processes.
- Stay up to date of emerging industry trends and technologies to ensure that EDC continuously improves process efficiencies and customer service effectiveness.
In this position, you report directly to the SMS Logistics Manager Region Europe.
- We are looking for someone with a university degree in supply chain engineering, supply chain management, logistics and/or business administration.
- You have a minimum of 5 years of Supply Chain Management experience and you must have worked in a similar role or capacity for at least 2 years.
- You are analytical with structured and proactive approach to solve complex problems and you are able to gain trust from both coworkers and stakeholders
- As we operate globally, you need excellent communication skills in English, both verbally and in writing.
- We place great value on your personal qualities in this recruitment, characterized by your outstanding analytical skills.
- Furthermore, you use your excellent communication capabilities to build and maintain solid relationships.
- Also, you have a drive for success, an open mind and high integrity.
|Vacature categorie||Logistiek en Transport|