Vacancy: Process Specialist – Service Operations – Amsterdam (or Johannesburg SA)
Process Specialist – Service Operations
Working for our Client means that every day, through your actions, you contribute to important shifts in the world. In a constantly evolving world, one of our Client’s fundamental strengths has always been their passion for innovation, to take the lead and find new ways to solve challenges. Their innovations and continuous improvements have a great impact on people’s daily lives, society, and the long-term sustainability of the world. They are doing this, combining the aspiration of making things better with a strong and open mindset to create value for all their stakeholders – customers, employees, and communities – which ultimately also leads to shareholder value. This is the foundation of their very existence and they are immensely proud of being able to play this role.
Our Client is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global leading supplier of equipment and tools, parts, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. Application areas include rock drilling, rock cutting, loading, and hauling, tunnelling, and quarrying. In 2020, sales were approximately 37 billion SEK with about 12,500 employees within continuing operations.
The Parts & Services Division drives the aftermarket business keeping customers’ fleet on track with services, solutions, and parts.
To develop & improve global service processes through digitalization, understanding local business needs and applying standardized process and system solutions. Working with local stakeholders to ensure process and systems are leveraged to improve operational efficiency.
In this position, you report to the Process & Systems Manager within Service Operations and international travel is a natural part of your job. The position will be in Amsterdam in the Netherlands or in Johannesburg, South Africa.
- Participate in system evaluation and development, contributing with business process knowledge and how they will meet Operational requirements
- Participate in planning and performing implementation of applications for Service Operations
- Document business processes and make recommendations for process improvements
- Performs gap analysis against the operational processes and how systems or new technology can improve the way of working
- Identifying new systems or technology that can add value in the way of working for Service Operations
- Improve the efficiency of Operations through digitalization of business processes
- Perform gap analysis to support system projects
- Create process training packages as part of system application projects to ensure success with the system users
- Testing of systems to ensure defined business processes will be handled correctly (both systems and integration)
- Well-developed knowledge of Service Operations business, as performed in Workshops, Field Service and Service Agreements
- Good knowledge of IT and IT ways of working
- Well-developed problem-solving ability
- Proven ability to establish a standard core process and adapt it to specific business needs driven by business requirements
- Well-developed ability to adapt global processes to local applications
- Excellent system and process capability
- Strong customer business and service focus, including end users
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of an integrated and broad global team
- Demonstrated ability to work cross border and cross culture
- Flexible, self-motivated with demonstrated initiative
- Highly developed time management and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Expert change management and stakeholder management skills
- Excellent knowledge of the heavy equipment industry
- 5-7 years’ experience in business process applications in an industrial environment
- 5-7 years’ experience in Heavy equipment or mining industry experience
International travel will be required for this role (when permitted).
What do we offer you?
We offer an exciting role in which to develop a new business model within an international business environment, working with extraordinary products, great colleagues, and opportunities for professional development. At our Client, they believe that diversity of experience, perspective and background will lead to a better environment for their employees, their business and, thereby, their customers. They have an inclusive company culture where their values are Innovation, Fair Play, Customer Focus and Passion to Win.