Working for our Client means that every day, through your actions, you contribute to important shifts in the world. In a constantly evolving world, one of our Client’s fundamental strengths has always been their passion for innovation, to take the lead and find new ways to solve challenges. Their innovations and continuous improvements have a great impact on people’s daily lives, society, and the long-term sustainability of the world. They are doing this, combining the aspiration of making things better with a strong and open mindset to create value for all their stakeholders – customers, employees, and communities – which ultimately also leads to shareholder value. This is the foundation of their very existence and they are immensely proud of being able to play this role.
Our Client is a global leading supplier of equipment and tools, parts, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. Application areas include rock drilling, rock cutting, loading, and hauling, tunnelling, and quarrying. In 2020, sales were approximately 37 billion SEK with about 12,500 employees within continuing operations.
The Parts & Services Division drives the aftermarket business keeping customers’ fleet on track with services, solutions, and parts.
We are seeking a Project Manager for a 12-month period to lead the planning, execution, and delivery of Process & Systems projects to defined objectives and deadlines including scope definition with key stakeholders. You lead the project from initiation through to execution to ensure on time completion within budget.
You will monitor project performance, recommend schedule changes, cost adjustments or resource and will coordinate with external IT vendors.
In this position, you report to the Process & Systems Manager within Service Operations. The position will be in Amsterdam in the Netherlands.
- Plan and coordinate the development, testing and implementation of Service Operations digitalization projects
- Identify key stakeholders of projects and create and manage the project Communication plan
- Coordinate software improvements with software developers for implementation and testing
- Identify new user groups who will utilize this software and plan, coordinate implementations accordingly
- Prepare project updates for Steering Committee meetings
- Ensure that the project follows the project Gate process
- Take ownership of agreed project outcomes and objectives
- Deliver up to date and timely project status reports on project performance, project progress and budget alignment
- Ensure that user groups are sufficiently trained in the use and application of the new systems, applications, or functionalities
- Provide technical content to the Training and Documentation specialist to develop training material • Identify and gather change requirements resulting from on-going project initiatives
- Identify and understand key risks, issues, interdependencies, resource requirements and critical decisions required by stakeholders to progress allocated projects.
- Determine and recommend appropriate actions/solutions to facilitate progress and minimise project delivery risk and manage the implementation of these actions/solutions going forwards.
- Design, plan and facilitate workshops to user groups to support the implementation process
- Effectively manage stakeholders, acting as a single point of contact, to ensure alignment with the Service Operations strategy
- Accountable for issue resolution and continuous improvement
- Working knowledge of database systems and IT systems and processes
- Strong project management and coordination skills
- Strong customer focus and service aptitude
- Ability to understand complex technical problems and develop innovative solutions
- Strong cross functional stakeholder management skills at all levels
- Ability to operate independently and without close supervision
- Ability to work as part of a geographically diverse team
- Sound judgement and high integrity
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Skilled in all Microsoft tools such as Excel, Projects, PowerPoint, Word, Access and Visio
- High level change management experience
- Highly developed organisational and time management skills
- Advanced level stakeholder management skills
- Understanding of equipment maintenance processes
Experience and education:
- 3 years of experience working in equipment manufacturing and/or equipment maintenance or similar industry
- 5-8 years’ project management experience
- Experience in managing projects using Agile methodology
- Experience of having managed projects within a digital /IT environment
- Strong experience in projects delivering business improvement through digitalisation
- Bachelor’s degree – Business / Engineering / IT
- Project management qualification (preferred)
- A Six Sigma Greenbelt certificate will be an advantage
What do we offer you?
We offer an exciting role in which to develop a new business model within an international business environment, working with extraordinary products, great colleagues, and opportunities for professional development.
At our Client, they believe that diversity of experience, perspective and background will lead to a better environment for their employees, their business and, thereby, their customers. They have an inclusive company culture where our values are Innovation, Fair Play, Customer Focus and Passion to Win.